Bit late on posting this, but I did loads of reading in May, so here goes:
- JK Rowling: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. The re-read ploughed on. I really like The Half Blood Prince, even if I don’t like how it ends *scowls*
- JK Rowling: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Even though they split this story across 2 movies, I am astounded at how much they still cut out. There’s a lot of build-up and a lot of explaining to be done in order to round out Harry’s adventures. Now I find having read the books again I now want to watch the movies again (I fear I’m entering an infinite loop here)
- Angelo Tirotto & Richard Jordan: No Place Like Home. I’m instantly hooked on this 5 part series from Image Comics, taking some elements from the traditional Wizard of Oz story and giving them a horror story twist. So good! And I’m pleased to here there will be a follow up this year.
- Ms Marvel #2 & #3: I seemed to be in the mood for comic books this month. Carrying on with the new Ms Marvel series, loving how this character is growing in to her persona.
- Ruth Mancini: Swimming Upstream. Of course, if you checked out my review as part of the book tour, you’ll know exactly what I thought of this. A really enjoyable story about what happens after the end of a relationship.
- Sarah Salway: Something Beginning With. A quirky story told through a series of short chapters, arranged alphabetically by subject words from ‘Ambition’ to ‘Zzzzzz’. Works really well.
- Holly Martin: 100 Proposals. I loved, loved, loved, loved this – I’m reviewing it later this month (it’s not released until the 25th), so you’re going to want to watch this space!
5 books and 7 comics? I was on a roll in May! What have you been reading?