I really like this recipe for an after work dinner, as it takes less than 30 minutes from start to tummy
Ingredients (serves 2)
1 small onion, big diced
1 large pepper, big diced
150g chorizo, cut in to chunks
2 chillies (we used ones rated ‘medium’ – go with what you know), finely chopped
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
10 closed cup mushrooms, cut into chunks
1/2 carton of passata
Tabasco red pepper sauce
2 medium eggs
- Pre-heat your oven to 190C.
- Fry off your onions and pepper for a couple of minutes, then add the chorizo, tomatoes, chillies, mushrooms and garlic.
- When the vegetables & chorizo are all browned, add the passata (and a splash of water if it’s too dry) and 2 teaspoons of tabasco red pepper sauce.
- Cook through until everything is hot and nicely bubbling. Season to taste (it at least needs a good dash of sea-salt), then divide in to 2 oven proof dishes.
- Crack an egg on top of each dish, and cook in the oven for 12-15 minutes (until the whites of the eggs have set)
Serve with some soft buttered bread. I can see this is going to be a recipe I’ll come back to time and time again. Hope you like it.
(Chorizo picture from jlastras’ Flickr stream)